LATEST NEWS   ( News Archive )
The Postgraduate Medical Institute was established in 1984.
PGMI is the sole authority in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa that provides Postgraduate Medical Education to doctors.
This institute inducts, trains, develops and remunerates young doctors for FCPS-II training and numerous Postgraduate level courses i.e. Middle level Diplomas & MD/MS Courses.
The institution has produced more than 2500 specialist since its inception. The institution is globally recognized as one of the highly reputed organization in Pakistan.
To be the leader in providing highest quality postgraduate medical education in Pakistan by using innovative teaching and learning methodologies and research based knowledge focused on needs of the province.
Journal of Post Graduate Medical Institute (JPMI) is quarterly published by the Editorial Board, PGMI to promote original research.
JPMI is recognized by Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PM&DC), Higher Education Commission (HEC) Pakistan.
To provide state of the art postgraduate training facilities in medical field in the province at par with international standards.
To ensure professionally trained, ethical, competent and caring specialists in all major and minor specialties of medicine and surgery in order to overcome manpower deficiency in health sector thereby contributing to health care service in the country
To foster ethical and need based research culture that focuses on local issues.
To inculcate professionalism in trainees and produce future leaders in medical field.
Clinical Skill Labs
• The project is the first of its kind in the whole Pakistan.
• The center will be used for both teaching and assessment of Clinical, Surgical, Communication and Physical examination skills.
• This will be a site in which students take their multi-station Objective Structured Clinical Exams (OSCEs).
• Faculty will also use the center to develop Surgical Clinical and Teaching skills.
• This certainly will facilitate the trainees and the faculty members to practice their skills on mannequins instead of the human beings. This is the need of the hour, which may well be seen as a compulsion across the globe in teaching and training sectors very soon.
Prof. Dr. Riaz Anwar Khan
- Job Application Forms